Saturday, March 7, 2009

Odds and Ends: Lenten Bicycle Ride

We've hit the eleventh day of Lent already! Well, not already. It's been a slow painful process, much like the death of Braveheart. I figured giving up Elton John music would be tough but I really feel like I'm having withdrawal from an illegal substance. Yesterday "Daniel" came on the radio and my reaction was a content sigh. I timed it out to ten seconds on my wristwatch and then changed the radio channel. From the opening notes I think all that made into the allotted time was "Daniel was trav..." I'm pathetic I know, it's a well known fact. What's even more pathetic is I've been having people at work ask how I'm holding up, like I just buried a loved one or something. Easter Sunday is going to be magnificent, and not for the religious meaning or the glazed ham. Elton will be cranked up, Nicholas and I will be rocking out and my wife, Megan will be huddled in the corner eating a large bowl of macaroni and cheese. She'll probably hiss at anyone that gets too close to her meal like a lioness munching on the brains of a wildebeest.

And in other news, Spring has kinda-sorta sprung here in Upstate New York. We're in our second day of above average temperatures in the fifties. It should stay in the 50s and upper 40s for most if not all of the week. To kick things off I brought the bicycle down from the garage ceiling hooks and went out for a spin. It didn't last though, like a fool drunk on the weather, I forgot to take my asthma medication before I left. Seven miles later I found myself back in the driveway gasping for air. Way to kick off the season!

No comments: