Saturday, April 18, 2009

Heroes in the Half Shell

Quick one today... Recently I've been inspired to sketch again. Not my own characters though. Other people's characters... much cooler than my own. Growing up I was a HUGE Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan (TMNT for you squares). First I was into the cartoon from the late 1980's then a few years later I was more of the comic book fan. Not those Archie comics though, the original Mirage Volume I comics. The real rough 'n' tumble Ninja Turtles. The Ninja Turtles that were dark, dangerous and weren't afraid to kill. Below are a few drawings I did last night.

Donatello facing off against a very dangerous Leatherhead in the sewers
Leonardo and some sort of ninja star

Raphael spinning his sais

That's all for today! Cheers.

1 comment:

blogzilly said...

No idea why, but TMNT was totally lost on me when I was younger. I tried, always wanted to get into it and never did. Some things stick to some people's ribs, others don't.

Guess that's why there are plain and peanut M&M's.