Friday, November 21, 2008

From the Vault #9: Larry David

This Larry David drawing was done in the same vein as the John Lennon one. I did this back in 2003 or so when Curb Your Enthusiasm was really just starting to pick up steam to being a hugely popular show. The colored version of this is lying around here somewhere. I always enjoy the sketch version much more than the final though. With the sketch you get to see all the bones to the drawing. I'm not a big fan of this piece, to me there just doesn't seem to be a whole lot of personality to it. Just kind of boring. In the Lennon piece, his smugness almost seemed to seep out of the paper. Now I'm not saying Lennon was normally a smug person, in fact just the opposite from what I've read and heard. But you could tell at times that he knew how to be a bitch. The Larry David drawing seen above doesn't capture any of that. David is pretty much a self-professed douchebag, and I'm not feeling it. Just a drawing...

No comments: