Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Bathroom in Review: Day One

This weekend I have the honored privilege of renovating our upstairs bathroom. There really isn't much too it. It's a small room with some extreme eves on each end. The demo was completed last night, but not without casualties. Just when you think you have the water off, the water likes to remind you that is not the case. The tub did not have a shutoff and for whatever reason I turned the sink valves all the way to the wrong end (full blast for you rookies). Let's just say the bathroom got a shower where only a tub is available. Keep in mind that this bathroom is on the second floor, so my living room ceiling now looks like it shit itself with water stains. After that, backup was called and my father had to come over to help me with the bathtub. Three hours later and a trip to Lowe's we discovered that the bathtub nozzle is shot.

That's what was accomplished for the first day... Demo and a water fight. Day two better go better or I'll be having myself a minor breakdown. Day two will also include a trip to Target to purchase a bunch of new towels. Hey, I had to wipe the wet floor up with something and towels of the paper variety were not an option this time around.

Oh, and I currently smell like a foot. With the main water shut off I can't shower, brush my teeth, or turn my sink on full blast and run out into the street yelling "Water, weeee!!" It's a travesty.

No comments: