Tuesday, October 21, 2008

McDonald... I'm Lovin' it!

Over the past four days I've been out and about at various eateries and retail stores and there has been something hauntingly familiar at every single place. No, not the guy with the mullet in the old, rusted out Ford Bronco... something much worse. Michael McDonald has been playing over the speakers of such establishments at every... single... place. What's with Michael McDonald cornering the Muzak market? Here's the scary part, I knew all the words to the songs that were being played. I don't even listen to Michael McDonald! How long has he been hogging the mall airwaves? How have I not noticed? Subconsciencely he's invaded my brain with his soothing and upbeat lyrics and I can't turn it away. I enjoy it, walking with that extra bounce in my step and snapping my fingers like a West Side Story greaser extra. I even start murmuring "Takin' it to the streets, takin' it to the streets... Take this message to my brother, something, something, something, Wherever people live together... Takin' it to the streets...." It's awful! But so freaking catchy! Damn you Michael McDonald! First you hate him, but then like a little puppy he slowly works at you- nuzzles you, licks your nose with his little tongue and before you know it he's sleeping in your bed and drinking out of your toilet. The problem is you don't even care, because by this point you're in love with Michael McDonald and you let him do whatever he damn well feels like because he sings "Ain't No Mountain High Enough" like you wish you could. I admit it, I love Michael McDonald! Eddie Money is a close second though-- but he isn't nearly as adorable. That's more of a pity play than anything else. Two Tickets to Paradise? Umm... you go, I'll catch up.


Michael McDonald rocking it out!

No comments: